Artichoke ‘Green Globe’ – Seeds
Average pack content 50 seeds
'Green Globe' Artichoke is a fabulous architectural plant for mixed garden planting as well as being a useful vegetable. Buds are delicious when steamed. Harvest the main bud to encourage growth of secondary buds. Harvest when about the size of a golf ball and before flowering.
- Herbaceous perennial
- Height 120cm, spread 90cm
- Silvery leaves, large green heads with thick fleshy scales approx. 10 heads per plant
- Prefers full sun
- Grows best in fertile, well drained soil.
- In cooler areas mulch may be required to offer protection over winter.
- Ultimately will need replacing once the plant runs out of steam, although division of plants every few years will assist longevity.
Sow directly onto moist compost in small pots and cover with vermiculite or fine compost. Grow on in a sunny spot. Alternatively sow into shallow drills outdoors. Cover seed with fine soil. Thin as required when large enough to pull.
Harvest the main bud to encourage growth of secondary buds. Harvest when about the size of a golf ball and before flowering
Seed licence no. 7687
100% of our seed packaging is biodegradable and recyclable and is manufactured here in the UK. The internal seed packets are also splash proof and made from 100% PEFC Certified Paper.