Artichoke ‘Green Globe’
'Green Globe' Artichoke is a fabulous architectural plant for mixed garden planting as well as being a useful vegetable. Buds are delicious when steamed. Harvest the main bud to encourage growth of secondary buds. Harvest when about the size of a golf ball and before flowering.
- Herbaceous perennial
- Height 120cm, spread 90cm
- Silvery leaves, Large green heads and with thick fleshy scales approx. 10 heads per plant
- Prefers full sun
- Grows best in fertile, well drained soil.
- In cooler areas mulch may be required to offer protection over winter.
- Ultimately will need replacing once the plant runs out of steam, although division of plants every few years will assist longevity.