Eucalyptus is beautiful for flower arranging, has a refreshing fragrance and its grey green foliage adds a nice break from the greenery the garden foliage. Essential oils can be obtained via distillation. It has been given an Award of Garden Merit by the RHS and has exceptional tolerance to the cold.
- Hardy evergreen perennial
- Height 30m, or prune hard/coppice for multi-stemmed screen
- Grey green foliage, heart shaped juvenile leaves, lanceolate adult leaves with a blueish tinge, white flowers
- Prefers full sun
- Prefers loam, also grows well in sandy/ chalky sites
- Great screening plant in urban areas, shallow rooted